Friday, November 20, 2015

Billboards - gone.

Alright, so I've been told there are a lot of countries questioning whether or not they should remove all outdoor advertising. Why would they do this? I think they would probably do this so it doesn't get out of control and so that our world is not completely overwhelmed with ads but rather it would have more space to see the beauty in our world.  On the other hand, does it really stop us from seeing other things? And is it really going to get out of control? These are some of the questions I, personally am asking in regards to this.

This is probably one of the times I do not have a specific side to take. I think it could be a good idea because maybe less distraction would be nice to not see all the clutter of advertisements everywhere. I wouldn't necessarily say it's a fantastic idea though. Getting rid of those advertisements might lose business for people. Why would we want businesses to suffer? The world is made up of innovators and successful people but without advertising maybe they wouldn't have made it so far.
On the other hand, it is not a horrible idea to restrict the places companies advertise. The roads could actually be a distraction to drivers and that's not good with all the new laws with cell phone usage while driving.

If I had to chose a side I would say keep the god damn advertising. People in this world sometimes just want to make a fuss out of nothing. So just keep it and move on from it. Who cares if you don't like seeing it? It's there, so just leave it.


No comments:

Post a Comment